Wednesday, August 29, 2007

First Day of the Blog....

Well, Today is the first day of writing, creating a Blog. I heard about and knew people who wrote Blogs and was misunderstood about "What a Blog was...."? I realize after some research that a Blog can be anything you want it to be. It can be personal, it can be informative as well as a wonderful way of sharing a part of your "Life's Experience" with others. And, other people can share a part of their stories with you.
Hopefully, this will invite "future friends" and readers to join me in the "journey's of my life". I would like to say to all of those people who are taking the time to read this Blog,I'll tell you a small part of who I am....
I'm a guy who love's life, can be a hardass sometimes, I stick to my convictions and what I believe in, can't be pushed around, love people, and when I Love, I really Love, but most of all, I LOVE THE ANIMALS!
I feel, I can't do enough for these animals on this island. I have been here along time, and so many animals have come into my life, even if it was for 2 days before they died; trying to save them because of being abandoned, abused or left behind. But, for some, I gave them two more days of their life when others gave up or didn't show concern about the dirty, sick, starving, ugly dog or cat, and even outragious cases of mange. I didn't save all of them, but they died (I hope), sensing that somebody cared about them and they didn't die alone. I'm not afraid to touch or deal with the poor thing when nobody gives the animal a second look. I'm patient to gain the trust of the animal so that I can help it along. I am not always successful which becomes frustrating for me, but this doesn't stop me from helping the next lost soul.
Since living on the island of St. Maarten/St. Martin, I've come to realize and learn that it's not a sign of weakness to cry when you see an animal in need. Maybe, one of the most important things I've learned about this part of my life, is that I'm a sesitive human being. Animals are innocent creatures and need our help.
For now, I'll end this section of my new Blog and hope that I have some feedback. I look forward to hearing from you, whomever you are..... Bill

2 comments:

Philippe said...

Well, I wanted to be the first one to comment on your blog. I wanted also to say that what I read brought tears to my eyes, as a lot of images and memories flashed through my mind. It is beautifully written and very sensitive.
Long life to your blog,
Me

William said...

Thank you for being the first...
and yes, the images of all of the little animals we tried to save, take care of and gave a little love to, as well as finding homes for the "lucky ones", are memories.
As will be for the future animals that pass our way also,
Long Life to your blog too!
Thanks for being there...!
me