Friday, October 12, 2007

Fat is the Topic of the Day...

So, here's a new topic compared to the usual ones I write about. A few nights ago at the restaurant, our cook made some extra food for Phil and me to try. Of course I was the first one to the dish and kitchen window and started eating, not thinking about anything, other than wanting to eat; mostly due to boredom; I guess. Phil was along side of me and made a statement...."what is it with you and food...."? Well, to my surprise, he was right. I have this thing with food where I love to eat, pick and when bored, do more than pick...if you know what I mean. I Love to Eat, Period! As I get older, now 46, I find myself not as active as I use to be and the weight keeps getting the better of me. I've levelled off at 210 pounds, but at 5'10" and 46 years old, it's not muscle anymore by no means. ugh! When I met Phil 12 years ago, I was 31 waste and 170 pounds. Wow, those were the days......ha ha ha "I wonder if I was this weight then and look the way I look now, would I be here with him today"?....right, I don't think so....!


I try walking with music; I get bored after a few days, I ride the bike with music; I get bored again after a few days. I do work for school with a bowl of chips next to me and a coke and guess what; I don't get bored...ha ha ha

I've tried fatreducing pills, fat burners as they call them, but, you have to exercise along with taking these "miracle drugs", all legal of course. I've tried calorie reduction pills, fat reducers where the fat doesn't stay in your body after you eat...blah blah blah, guess what my conclusion is....?"It's all BULLSHIT with a Capitals BS and I'm keeping my weight and the nutrition stores in St. Maarten and the Vitamin Shoppe in America is getting richer and calling me STUPID! "Keep eating you idiot!"
So, after waking up this morning with my back thrown out once more because of a bad movement in bed, because of my weight and not being able to move easily anymore, (and not for fun where at least I could have an excuse the next day and say to myself that "it was worth it to throw my back out", but that's not the case. I threw my back out because I've gained weight over the last year. I lay on the beach and have difficulty getting up off the sand.

So, today I start once again with the wonderful idea of losing weight, watching what I eat; and not watching what I eat as I shovel it in my mouth; I mean REALLY watching what I eat, how I eat and making a very strong attempt to not get bored while exercising. My weight as of today is 210 pounds and my goal is to lose 30 pounds. I'm not sure how long this goal is going to take, but at least now I have a goal. I want to be 180 pounds in the near future. It won't be easy because it means giving up almost everything in every food groups that I enjoy, but, I now realize that my health has to be the priority and I have to stop increasing my pants size and buying new clothes every 6 months.
So, wish me luck and I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

Philippe said...

Hey... I am glad you finished to type your post, because the lasagnas are ready and waiting for us in the oven...and i am sure you are hungry !!!...LOL. It is a good decision anyway, as now, when you through your back out, I cannot carry you anymore like I was used to...
On the serious note, it is a good decision, for health reason and your own comfort, but you have to stick to it, and even if it is "too hot" or "too late" you have to force yourself to excercises. I should talk... Me who have no motivation for anything of this... I wish you good luck and will support you, and even will try to participate, if I found strenght.
Good for you, and good resolution.
Philippe

William said...

Thanks Phil,
I really need a positive person(s) behind me to get through this ordeal. And for me, you know it's ALways a Crisis...blah blah blah
ha ha ha ha
always, me

Anonymous said...

William,

I too have been fighting weight since I quite smoking about 16 years ago...I joined weight watchers and lost 35 lbs in 5 months and then we went on vacation to SXM and decided that I was not going to make the vacation about my diet...so it was down hill from there!!!!I gained it all back..bottom line is that I love to eat and I love good food (Tabba Khady, Mario's Bistro, etc...)and that really sucks...I have good days and bad days...I restarted being good as I call it about 3 weeks ago and have lost about 7 lbs, which does not sound like much till you look at the globs of fat that you have setting in your blog post. Weight watchers is an awesome program, I do not know if you have meeting there on SXM, but you could always look in to it online. Hope this helps, hope that we both reach our goal before we see you again in May...Maureen

William said...

Hi Maureen,
Good to hear from you as always. I've now set a goal and hope that I can follow through this time. The pounds just sneak up on you when you don't pay attention. Weight Watchers is not here in SXM, but, I will look into it online. Thanks for your information and sharing It always helps to know that I'm not alone. See you soon, Keep me informed as to how you're do also. Hugs,Bill

Anonymous said...

William
I wish I had read your blog before we came for dinner last night.
I think you and Dee could have had a very interesting conversation. He has to lose weight due to some health issues and he has been trying for months, but, as you might have noticed last night, he loves to eat.
But he has been religiously exercising 3 or 4 times a week now for some months. I don't know if he has lost any weight but his sugar is lower. But ask him if he is having fun! Not!
He comes in the house after an early morning walk and jog, and is grumbling and fussing and saying how much he hates this. LOL
I ask him if it's not getting better , and he looks at me like I am crazy.

Now I have no room to talk, of course. My eating habits are ridiculous.
After my knee surgery, I was going to PT and I lost some weight. They told me I should exercise so I bought an exercise bicycle. Dee told me not to do it because I wouldn't use it.I just knew that I would use it. I really meant business!
Well, I used it for about 2 months and now it sits in our bedroom and...yep, you probably guessed.... it is used as a place to hang clothes. LOL
so much for my good intentions!

We really enjoyed our meal last night and also enjoyed spending the time chatting with you and Phil.

Hey, just a thought, do we all realize how many calories we consume by drinking??
But don't ask me to give up that though. No way! LOL

Barbara