Saturday, February 2, 2008

Busy Working and Flying from tree to tree.....

Well, it's been a long time again since even thinking about the Blog. I've been extremely busy with work as well as my French Class on Mondays and Wednesdays. A few more sessions of this course and I'll be starting my second course in French. I'm doing well and quite proud of myself for my accomplishment.
I've been busy at work also. Between teaching and Academic Advising of the teachers for curriculum, it's quite hectic. My days are not as long as they use to be.
I've done another trip/excursion with my students. Flying from the trees on 1000 foot cables at 350 feet above the trees.
This time I took them to Lotterie Farm and did the Fly Zone Experience-The Ultimate Course. This is the highest of all three courses and the cables that you fly on between trees extend in some parts of the course to over 1000 feet long and up to 350 feet above the tree tops. What an experience and the ultimate rush. The course invloves cables, cable bridges and ladders up and down trees that lasts over 2 hours to complete the course. A work glove on the left hand is your brake. FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE! I would advise everybody to do this so that you can test yourself and experience the thrill of a life! My students couldn't believe as well as myself that we were doing the things we were doing.
It was a Great Day!
As for Phil, he's working, working, working! He loves being the new manager of Captain Oliver's and I think people will start calling him "Captain" soon because he's always there. There are ovious changes and everyday is a new adventure for him. He's been given full authority and unlimited power as to what he wants to do at Captain Oliver's. New menus, new decoration, new ideas, and the staff loves him. I have my bar stool that "I've claimed to be mine" when I visit each night at 9pm to observe the excitement of what goes on.
I have plenty of time for myself now. There are lots of walks on the beach with the pups and time to read and just relax when I am at home and not working. I have 5 days off from work and I'm going to enjoy every minute. I'm going to catch up on my reading and just enjoy the days and take the pups to the beach as much as possible. The construction of the new development is rising in front of the house and there are now more obstacles to get to the beach. It was once easy to walk out the door and onto the beach, but now, there's construction equipment, construction material etc. etc. Not very nice for a piece of land that was once so beautiful and natural.
I'll try to write more with less time in between my writings as long as time allows.

4 comments:

barcann said...

hi William
you have 5 days off from work? school holiday?
enjoy them!
tell Phil he needs 5 days off too! LOL
Keep on doing the wonderful things you are doing for those kids!
Barbara

William said...

Hi Barbara,
I'm going to enjoy the days off from school and rest. It's just called a vacation break on the school calendar. As for Phil, he started taking Sunday's off, so that's the only day off we have right now. He's enjoying what he's doing and that's important. We're both finally doing what we enjoy.
Hugs to you and Dee.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi William, I have really missed your blogging, but glad to hear that things are going well. Enjoy your time off with Phil and the pups. And as always keep up the great work with the kids. It sounds like you had an awesome time on the zip-fly. I wanted to check it out last year but ran out of time maybe this year!!!!
Maureen

William said...

Hi Maureen,
It's been a long time I know, but timing is everything. I would really recommend the Fly Zone. You really test your abilities and suprised at what you can do. It's physical and at then end you find yourself wet from perspiration. The view is beautiful when zipping down the cable and the height of where you're at is amazing. The longest cable is 1000 feet long and the speed that you get while on the line is intense. The workglove on your left hand becomes your brake. Enjoy! Bill