Monday, July 13, 2009

July in Florida

Well, here I am again in Florida Blogging. It seems that as time goes on, the only time I have to Blog is in Florida. The last time was April. Am I busy or what...? LOL
I'm here alone this trip working "primarily" on house #2. It was going to be a "joint project", but, Phil's schedule doesn't allow him to get away this time being that his assistant went back to France unexpectedly? I think it was planned for her to work 2 months and earn money for her transportation back to France. But, that's just my idea of what she did to Phil. He's inconvienienced once again due to irresponsible people. I've been here a week already and haven't seen the time pass. In Florida, the state only issues one plate, so I had to decide what to put on the front of the Jaguar that I also refer to as "The Kitty". I put "St. Martin Boys" on the front plate.
Two days ago, I e-mailed Phil after he tried to call me. I told him, "I was outside washing The Kitty". He thought I adopted another cat and was bringing it back to St. Martin to add to our already large collection of family pets. lol lol lol I was hysterical laughing. The he realized I was washing the car. Oh well, it's not easy being me or being with me.....LOL LOL Is Phil lucky or what...? After 14 years of being together, you would think that he'd be use to me.....ha ha ha
So, What has been happening and what has transprired in my life.......? Here we go.......
--I've finished work for another year and on vacation for 5 weeks in Florida.
--A brother I hadn't spoken to in 24 years has re-entered my life.
--A sister that doesn't like Phil (for whatever her reason) other than ignorance has found out where Phil & I bought our house in Florida and bought a house 1 mile away. ugh!
--Phil & I gave up our favorite drink for now....wine.....ugh!
--I bought an Isuzu Amigo in Avon Park, Florida that I'm shipping back to St. Martin at the end of the month.
--Old Friends and Classmates from High School have re-contacted me through Facebook. Even my high school principal has contacted me asking me how my life is....I was impressed.
--My friend Sherry & I are having fun!
Blah Blah Blah
First, my brother George has contacted me through Facebook. We hadn't spoken since my mom died 24 years ago because of words that should never had been spoken as well as other things going on during that terrible time in our lives. As a kid, he was my "big brother" who I loved so much. He was the guy I looked up to, he was the guy who always made sure that I was the first one to ride in all of his new cars, he was the guy who always took me for Carvel Ice Cream to get the cone with sprinkles, he was the guy who always watched out for me when I was in the pool learning how to swim, he was the one who taught me to shoot a bow & arrow into the target, he was the one who taught me how to catch a baseball, "He Was The One....." After my mom died, things were said inappropriately & I silently drifted away from family members, mainly George. The days turned into weeks, the weeks to months and the months to 24 years. We're both stubborn and neither one would budge an inch to make an effort to try to be close again. Well, he made the effort after all of these years and we're catching up on lost time if that is possible. We're learning about each other's lives again and what we've done during the last 1/4 of a century. Time lost, Yes! Time gained now, Maybe! The important thing is that we're speaking again and if all goes well, we should see each other for the first time in August in Florida while I am here.
Second, Since I met Phil, my sister Millie hasn't like Phil from the first day even though she tried to pass it off as she did...yeah right! I think it has to do with the fact that she blames Phil for (in her mind), taking me out of the country. It also has to do with the fact that we live near Phil's sisterin St. Martin and I think she's jealous! Who knows what she thinks? I don't. All I know is that she makes our life difficult when she is around. We moved away from the house we had next door to her upstate NY because it wasn't possible for Phil or myself to go to the house without her tormenting both of us daily. It's sick! We searched Florida where we wouldn't be found and thanks to "People Search" for $19.99 you can find anybody you want to find. Well, she found us here in Florida, and what did she do.....she bought a house 1 mile away. Is that sick or what? We don't understand the obsession as to why she WON'T allow us to live our lives without her being present? So now, the tormenting "might" return. We're both disgusted as to why she followed us here?
Third, Phil & I were eating & drinking too much wine each day. So, for now, the wine is done and the food is less and more healthy.....! This is true for both of us.
Forth, I needed a new car for the island. My Land Cruiser mechanically is perfect, but the salt air has destroyed my trucks body and it's not worth the expense to repair it.
So, I found this Isuzu Amigo in Avon Park, Florida which is about 2 hours from here. I drove it on Saturday and I'm sending it back to St. Martin at the end of the month so it's there when I get home.
Fifth, Facebook has brought so many highschool friends and childhood friends into my life again. I wasn't too impressed with Facebook at the beginning, but, now I am glad that I signed onto it because of getting back in touch with people.

My friend Sherry are in touch "almost" on a daily basis catching up on years also and enjoying each other's stories and funny moments that we shared years ago. We went to school together and ended up working in the same school teaching. We became closer as time went on and were inseparable and was always there to help each other stand up when times were down. It's Great!
I'm here in Florida for 5 weeks, so I'm sure there will be more to Blog about....LOL

3 comments:

barcann said...

Loved reading this blog entry..very interesting info about you and your life,
especially that you stopped drinking wine. LOL
that surprised me more than anything LOL
here we both are..on vacation..and we cannot stay away from FB and blogging LOL
glad all is going well.
HUGS
B

William said...

Hi Barbs, Glad to hear you're well and enjoying the states also. Lots of things going on in lifenowadays.
Keeping busy as always, but, it's fun busy.
Talk to you soon.
Bill

Anonymous said...

Glad that you have been able to reconnect with some of your family, not so sure about the other...So sorry that we missed you in SXM in May...Hopefully we can connect next year....Enjoy your time in the states, to bad that you can not enjoy it with Phil.