Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Bye, "Our Little Piglet"

When I left St. Maarten on the 6th of July, it never entered my
mind that I would never see you again. You were a little dog that
came into our lives when we didn't need the responsibility of another "little mouth to feed". But, we took you in and how I grew attached to you. You became my little admiration because you were always within the reach of my hand. When I would lay on the couch reading, your head was always on my shoulder, looking at me with love in your eyes. When I was in the pool, your head would always be overhanging the ledge of the pool staring at me. When you ate with your paws around your dish, you would always look left or right to see if I were close to you. You were always by my side when it was time for the 3-4 walks each day into the nights and early mornings before the sun came up over the ocean. You did your "business" and was always first to return to my side while the others were doing their thing. How you would get so excited for the treats and special food on Sunday nights when Phil was off from work. You would eat so much, it was hard for you to breath and you would snort like a little pig which is how you got the name "our little piglet". You were never demanding.
How I wish I could turn the clock back to the 6th of July. I'm so sorry my little friend and I will miss you so much. I am sad today and my heart is hurting and will be for a long time. My tears fall for you unexpectedly and today, I had to leave the room 3 times so nobody would see my pain and my tears. As I write this tribute to you, my face is wet with tears because you are gone and will be missed forever.
I have your collar in the glove compartment of my truck and it will stay there so I have a part of you along side of me, even in death.
"Daddy Phil" is hurting my little friend because his pain and hurt for you is strong. He blames himself for making the descision of taking you to the vet for safe keeping while he joined me in Florida. He didn't know that the veternarian would be so careless with your safety. He didn't mean it. His intentions were good! You were afraid, and ran away, I think. You were lost and in the process, someone chose to NOT care and you were hit. I can only hope that the end was quick and you didn't suffer. I believe in Destiny and I also believe that Destiny is not always fair.
You are gone forever and I will miss you so much my little friend.
You were and always will be, "Our Little Piglet" Rest in Peace My Little Bobby Lee, I'm sorry!

5 comments:

Jess said...

I was so sorry to read about Bobby Lee's death, I know you and Philippe must really be hurting. My deepest condolences to you both.

barcann said...

Bill
what a beautiful tribute to Bobby Lee.
she was special. I cry for her and for you and phi.
Love
B

William said...

Thank you for your support. It's amazing how one little dog has left a deep mark in my life. She will be missed forever. She was a special dog.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can only imagine how you feel. I've never lost a pet and I'm not looking forward to the day I do. Everyone knows or can read how much you loved your little baby. I know she knew it too. She knows that it wasn't your fault for what happened to her. At least you both know now what did happen and you can move forward a little each day. Everytime I read your blogs or Philippes facebook, or GoBeach, I get a lump in my throat and have to walk away. I am so sorry for you Bill and Philippe as well. It's funny how you never meet people but can feel their pain. I hope to meet you 2 some day and maybe we can talk about our babies....I will keep thinking of you guys and keeping you in my heart.

Sincerely,
MelissaG

William said...

Dear Melissa, Thank you for your kind words.It means a lot to me.
Bill