We arrived home on Sunday the 9th of August and I went to pick up Bobby Lee and Happy at the vet on Monday, 10th of August where they had been boarded for the week. I was told by the vet that he "had some bad news for me, that Bobby Lee had been stolen from the front of the vet office while they were cleaning the cages". Apparently, the vet attaches the dogs in the sun to spikes in the ground while his staff cleans the cages. Nobody was watching the dogs in the front. I told Phil and the search has begun. We have put flyers on both the Dutch and French sides of the island, a good and dear friend Barbara has contacted her friends on Facebook as well as here on the island to inform them of what happened and they are all searching for Bobby Lee also. Phil has gone on the radio to explain the situation on air, over 100 flyers have been posted publically, newspaper has posted photos and info about Bobby Lee. I've even gone to "gang members" today in French Quarter to ask them for help in finding her. We are offering a reward as well.
I'm not a woos by no means, but, my heart is broken. I've cried unexpectedly during the days and the tears have fallen down my cheeks more than they have in 5 years. I cry myself to sleep hoping that whoever has her or had her hasn't hurt her in any way or if they still have her that they are not abusing her. This is a beautiful island, but, there are people who don't like dogs and dogs have been taken to never be seen again. I try not to think of the worst, but, the thoughts do enter my mind. At times, I am optimistic and other times, I feel as though I have done something terribly wrong to have lost this animal for no reason.
The last time I saw "My Little Piglet" (because when it is hot, she snorts like a pig to breath), was on Monday, the 6th of July. I'm sure that she was already confused that I wasn't around to walk her, feed her play with her and just be there when she lays her head on my arm while I am reading a book.
I am sad, my heart is breaking and I want her back at home where she belongs. I feel as though I too, have abandonned her.
I don't know how people can cope losing something they love so much to people who will never take care of her as we did. Already she has been through so much in her short life of already being abandonned 2 years ago when we found her. Now stolen just for the sake of having a beautiful dog, not caring of what these thieves are doing to the dog or to us emotionally. There are so many dogs & puppies that need homes on this island, why do people continue to steal dogs that are already owned by others?
We hope and wish each day that we get her back safely and as soon as possible. I will never forget this vacation of July 2009 with the memories and loss of My Little Piglet. I am so sorry Bobby Lee. If there is a God, please make sure that the person or persons that have her will find it in their hearts to call us and bring her back to us where she belongs.

3 comments:
I'm crying for Bobby Lee, you and Phil.
I was in St. Martin, (Grand Case) from July 30th until Sept. 1st and read in the Daily Herald your heart breaking letter and saw the beautiful picture of Bobby Lee many times in the paper.
I really hope you have had an update since and pray for you that she is back home with your family.
Danielle
I too saw the flyers for Bobby Lee and had heard about her missing when I was on the island 09/01-09/12. I can feel your pain while reading your story. I pray you find her safe and sound. God bless.
Post a Comment