WOW! This is all I can say about this unique and strange situation. As I mentioned, Happy Mysteriously Dissappeared" 4 months ago without an explanation. I went to Orient Beach late yesterday afternoon and when I was leaving, I just happened to look to the right behind Bay Watch Restaurant, and there was a dog walking to the area of where people discard their unwanted debris and garbage. I saw a dog with white paws walking in that direction and I continued to leave. I had a "feeling" so I reversed the car and went towards the animal. He was very skinny and sad and very much in need of food and water. I stopped the car, noticed the red collar and started to call Happy. At first, he was frightened and started to move away. He stopped after the second time of calling his name still very cautious of me. I moved closer and started to call his name in a way that I used to call him in a playing sence, a bit high pitched like I used to do to get his attention; "Happy Dog, Happy Dog," and this got his attention when he started very cautiously coming toward me and as he got closer, (I was now kneeling on the ground at his level), he started to wag his tail and jump up and down. I was petting him and he started to bite me in the small playing bites that he used to do. I asked him if he wanted to go home and when I opened the car door, he immediately jumped in excited. Well, I do believe in fate, faith and destiny and I can't believe after 4 months, Happy our slow, dumb dog is home. He is skinny and in need of a good bath as well as a vet visit to make sure he is alright, which is on the agenda for today. Maybe Cyber space managed to put us in the same place at the same time so that our paths would cross again and make the family complete once again.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
OMG
I can't believe this! I just went to Philippe's blog and saw the news.
I started crying and saying OMG OMG. my husband came running to see what was the matter.
what a wonderful story and thank God, there is a happy ending!
This made my day!
Barbara
What wonderful news, I am so happy you found him!
We are still in schock that he managed to survive 4 months and can only imagine what he's been through. My mom use to say that "timing is everything in life". Had I left Orient Beach 2 minutes later or passed 2 minutes sooner, I would have missed him. We are glad he's home and he didn't suffer the fate that we thought he might have endured by the people who hurt animals on this island and use them for dog fights or just plain cruelty. We still can't believe that he's home. Thank you for your positive comments to Philippe that "maybe we'll find him someday". We really did give up! Thank you again!
Great news, I am so happy that you are all reunited again....
Post a Comment