Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy is Missing....


Well, a "confusing", "unanswered", and "fear" for the "worst" story of what "might" have happened. His name is Happy. Happy is/was another dog that entered our lives through being abandoned near a previous business in Simpson Bay. He too was sick, neglected and lacking trust in human beings. We fed him, took him to the vet and ended up keeping him because nobody wanted to adopt a "stupid", "dumb" dog. Happy wasn't all there in his mind; he was "just Happy all of the time," but, a kind and loyal animal. Happy was with us for a little more than 7 years. The Story: One day while going for one of the many daily walks on the beach in front of the house in Oyster Pond, (4 months ago), Happy did what he always did; run ahead of Caramel and Piccola to run down the beach towards the Corolita Hotel/Apartments to do his own thing. Happy, towards the end was separating himself from Caramel because they never got along from the first day. Happy's behavior was more odd than usual by leaving our yard each day and finding his way into our neighbors yard and staying there. On this particular day, Happy went down the beach towards the apartments, went behind the trees and I assumed he was doing what he always did. and would follow afterwards either on the beach going back home or come to the house later after he explored. Happy never came home that day. I searched, asked people if they had seen him to no avail. It's been 4 months now and Happy is still gone. I don't know what happened to him, and knowing the stories of what happens to animals on this island, I fear the worst. Happy was slow in his mind, and really a dumb dog, but, he was our dumb dog and he was part of our family. As I drive down the street or walk the beach, I unconsciously look for him wherever I am because it would be nice to have him home again. He was a slow dog but he was our slow dog. If somebody did take him, I hope he has a good home and well treated. If other people or the "bad people" who hurt animals, have or had him, I say "Shame on You!"

No comments: