Saturday, October 25, 2008

Democracy or DeNOcracy???

Well, it gets better and better as time goes on.

We were watching the news last night during dinner and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I learned that ELIGIBLE voters names were being removed from the ELIGIBILITY lists because of their names, and in most cases because they were minorities. That's right, in most minority areas, states, peoples names were being removed just "Coincidentally" less than 2 weeks before the election.
Is it possible that the "Republican Sore Losers" think that minorities will vote for Obama and he will "possibly win" and they will lose? I wonder! Do you think this is another way for the Republicans to STEEL THIS ELECTION as with Gore? I wonder! I'm beginning to think that I have NOTHING IN COMMON with Republicans after this election.
When interviewed, state representatives stated that "it was human error and their names would be put back to eligible status, but, they apologize that names won't be put back on in time for this election." duh
It was also stated that "the people will have the right to vote, but, their names will be put on temporarily hold status "provisional ballots" until the government can confirm that they are legal and are eligible to vote. The states will also decide if the votes will be counted. ummmm

Here's some facts:
Voters who have problems at the polls can cast "provisional" ballots. Election officials rule later whether those votes were properly cast and should be counted. But even that backup system varies greatly from state to state.
Perhaps the worst problems are in Florida, where a Gannett News Service analysis found more than 14,000 people whose voter registrations were disputed by the state because they didn't match other databases; about 75% are minorities. A federal district court ruled last month that the state couldn't deny registrations based on database matching.

This information above comes from USA Today newspaper. So I ask again, "Is this Democracy or DeNOcracy?" Oh the honesty of Conservatives.......! NASTY BASTARDS.....!

4 comments:

barcann said...

William, there is something seriously wrong in that country of "ours"
Barbara

William said...

Hi Barbara,
More than anything else, I'm Dissappointed! Such a Beautiful Country, but, the Government is misleading the people.
Hugs to you both,
Bill

Deb said...

Hi Bill,
We went to vote early and found our names had been removed from the registry also. The lady was very helpful and eventually got us reinstated.......do you think because Indiana is such a "Republican" state and that our votes are so important in this race, that we were removed since we're registered democrat? Sad,Sad! At least we got it solved before election day. Take care! Love, Deb

William said...

Hi Deb & Dave,
I'm not surprised. This is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of what I was saying.....
Hugs to you & the Big Guy
Bill