Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ignorance, Stupidity or Loyalty...?

Today's post is "what it is", because I have things on my mind that I need to vent due to what is going on in our lives and how the "world will be affected" by the choices made in a few weeks. I say the world, because everybody will be affected by the outcome of America's Vote in November.

This is NOT to cause controversy or to turn people against me. It is MY OPINION and that is MY RIGHT! Before you "judge" what I have to say, remember that my father's ancestry is from Germany and my mom's family being American Indian started out in England. My roots are from Europe. As an American, I didn't forget my heritage, however, I did allow myself to be influenced my my fist hand knowledge of what it is like to be an American living outside the country listening, living and understanding what and how people view America and its people. I am an American, maybe more than people who "think" they are an American because of my ancestry being an American Indian.

I live outside of my country because "my country" WON'T ALLOW" my partner, who I chose, to live within my country because of laws. The people made those laws that basically say, "As an American, only an American can choose another American to have as a life long partner and he or she MUST be Straight!" So much for Democracy, Freedom of Choice.....

As I listen each day to our candidates, I find it embarrassing that there are people in American Politics that have little to no education in Politics. In Europe, Politicians go to school to get degrees in Politics because they know at an early age that they will pursue a career in politics; NOT based on popularity. It seems and appears that in America, if you know someone in politics that can possibly get you to be elected, then that's the person you choose, not based on their education in politics.

As I listen to Sarah Palin speak, I am embarrassed that the Vice Presidential Candidate uses such words as "gotcha", "betcha", "gonna", wink, wink.... I don't believe that "she" represents the majority of Americans. Do Americans really speak like this? I'm American and I certainly don't talk like that.

I am also embarrassed that Sarah Palin is proud to be holding a gun. There are photos of her standing over animals that she shot and killed and even displays a huge bear skin with head on the back of her sofa in her home.

What "WE Americans" still haven't realized or Don't Care to understand is that on December 15th, 1791 when the Bill of Rights were accepted into our Government, the people were still at war in an uncertain time. The second Amendment; the Right to Bear Arms was to protect the people and to allow them to protect themselves against enemy as well as the government. Are we still at war with each other that we need to protect ourselves and that gives us the right to hunt, hurt, kill animals as well as people? So much for the 21st Century! Then we wonder why the world looks at us as Bullys! Yes, Bullys! We have the reputation world-wide for being bullys and the Ugly Americans! How can we be proud of that reputation? Or, Maybe we don't care about our reputation and Enjoy the Negative Reputation.....?

Democracy There are several varieties of democracy, some of which provide better representation and more freedoms for their citizens than others. However, if any democracy is not carefully legislated to avoid an uneven distribution of political power with balances such as the separation of powers, then a branch of the system of rule is able to accumulate power in a way that is harmful to democracy itself. The "majority rule" is often described as a characteristic feature of democracy, but without responsible government it is possible for the rights of a minority to be abused by the "tyranny of the majority."

Stupidity (also called fatuity) is the property a person, action or belief instantiates by virtue of having or being indicative of low intelligence or poor learning abilities. Stupidity is distinct from irrationality because stupidity denotes an incapability or unwillingness to properly consider the relevant information. It is frequently used as a pejorative, and consequently has a negative connotation
Ignorance The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed
Loyalty comes most naturally amongst small groups or tribes where the prospect of the whole casting out the individual seems like the ultimate, unthinkable rejection. Loyalty to tribes evolved from the evolutionary tactic that there is a greater chance of survival and procreation if animals form packs/tribes.

Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions. The term is generally applied to behavior within civil governments, but politics has been observed in all human group interactions, including corporate, academic, and religious institutions.
Politics consists of "social relations involving authority or power"[1] and refers to the regulation of a political unit,[2] and to the methods and tactics used to formulate and apply policy

Do we really follow the political party out of Loyalty even though we may NOT agree with the politics? Do we NOT listen to the candidates and wait for them to talk, discuss and tell US "what they are going to do to solve the problems as well as the crisis that we are in?" Is it good politics when the candidates feel necessary to "rip each other's reputation apart rather than tell us the solution to the problems?" Is it better as Americans to remain Ignorant and not educate ourselves on the issues at hand with the politicians?
When I hear Sarah Palin speak and say things such as; "gotcha", bethcha", "wanna", "gonna", wink, wink, Are we Stupid to allow a person such as her to be the Vice President of the United States and if McCain dies in Office; She will be the President of the United States?

I am NOT one for DIRTY POLITICS which is how the Republican Party is trying to get the votes to The White House. In all of the newscasts that I watch, not once have I heard McCain nor Palin talk about the ISSUES, SOLUTIONS, nor THEIR PLANS to get America going forward and positive for the future again. They DON'T say that the American People are hurting in this Economic Crisis. They DON'T say that there is a Recession on the Border of another Depression. Hundreds of Thousands of American People have Lost their jobs, their homes, their hope for a future. Where can they turn now for help? How do they and When do they rebuild their lives for themselves and their families? Banks and Businesses have gone Bankrupt, closed and will not open again. People are losing their pensions, investments, retirements, insurances, savings....Is this what American People deserve because of Bad Politicians not knowing how to provide a stable government for the people?

I will end this by saying this....Wake Up America and Vote Carefully. Think about what has happened based on 8 years of BAD GOVERNING. I know how I will vote, hoping for a change and hopefully to help Americans again. Americans had a chance to change this 4 years ago and maybe we wouldn't be in this situation now. But, if America votes the same way again, then the Reality of more Turmoil will show itself once more.

A Reality Check is in the Making! Now and the Future of America!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!
He's blogging again!
I miss your blogs.
and this sure is the subject to blog about.
This whole election thing has me crazy.
I agree 110% with everything you say.
Barbara

William said...

Barbara,How have you been? As the days pass, I'm more & more disgusted about the mentality of what is happening and what the peopla are allowing to happen in America. People are hurting, losing everything they worked for including "peace of mind". We're at war, people are losing their lives everyday and America continues to let it happen.....I'm saddened and disgusted. Hugs, Bill

Deb said...

THANK YOU! Finally someone who thinks as we do. Vote for the person and their beliefs and not the "party."

William said...

Hi Deb & Dave,
Hope all is well and hoping that you're not being affected by this "Irresponsible Governing".
Hugs to you Both, Bill

Deb said...

We're loyal to our convictions of policy and not party. It's just frustrating that each party keeps trying to tally the "bashing." Can't imagine another 4 years of what we've gone through.........and can't imagine the "free" citizens sticking to a devoted party to vote for instead of your personal beliefs, economy, unemployment, day to day struggles of our citizens. Everyone deserves their personal view......but please, vote for the man and not the party