Today, I have hope for America & The World after watching the Infomercial of Obama. I watched it today because the TV Satelite was down last night. During the 30 minute Ad for Obama, I will be honest with you, I had tears in my eyes. His ad portrayed people from different parts of America who had "everyday issues" that they had to live with making concessions, changing their daily routines and come to reality with what they thought their retirement was going to be after retirement.
When Phil & I travel throughout America, we always observe people; who as American Senior Citizens, are working in fast food restaurants, Walmart, Sam's Club etc. When we travel throughout Europe, we don't see Senior Citizens working anywhere.
Barack Obama talks about the goals, policies and dreams He has for America & The People.
His personal crisis' & personal experiences allows him to understand; what ALL of US go through at some point in our lives. He can relate to what the "average American" is going through and hasn't forgotten about his youth, his family upbringing, his hardships. He understands what hard work is and what it means to get to a point in ones life. Nothing was given to him, except the "Drive to keep going to reach your dreams through the encouragement of his mom & grandmother & grandfather."
His encouragement for parents to take an active role in their children's lives as his mother did with him starting at 4:30am every morning. As a teacher, I too, can relate to the early mornings waking up in my childhood home with my dad & mom also encouraging me to study hard & learn. Good morals & values helped me to be who I am today and I encourage my students to "do the same."
Barack Obama is a "People Person" who, in my opinion, will change America for the better. The people will now have a better chance at a better life. People will have (I hope) a new feeling & beliefs in each other and stand together to make America what it was meant to be.
A place for ALL People, no matter what the socio-economic background is, what neighborhood you grew up in, what your skin color is, what type of job you do, what country your ancestors came from, what language you speak, what religion you believe in, etc.
Barack seems to be a sensitive person & knowledgeable.
I believe, the people will have a New Leader to look up to and Respect his accomplishments and the road He travelled, to get to where He is today.
I told my students today in class this: "If I had to ask myself who I admired most; I would have to say: Barack Obama. A man who is doing something what was believed to be Impossible. We should ALL take a lesson from him." If there is a God, God Bless Obama!

4 comments:
If elected, which I hope, he will certainly be one of the greatest (if not the greatest) President the USA had up to this day, maybe even above JFK since he seems to have a better understanding of the people and their needs. May be with him the USA will finally become what this country has the pretention to be but is far from it : a real democracy who care and takes care of its people, instead of using its people to maintain the previleges and the wealth of very few.
So TRUE!
Beautiful blog!
I am so sorry I missed his infomercial.
We all have such high hopes for him, if he is elected.
I just hope the "bastards" ( and we know who they are) don't wear him down.
Barbara
Hi Barb,
hopefully they won't try to hurt him like the closed minded
bastards from the 60's.
Post a Comment