To start out, Rusty (a cat), imposed himself on us. One night, we were having dinner, watching tv and this little rusty colored cat came onto the terrace having no regard for Caramel or the other animals. We had never seen him before, never heard him; he just arrived from somewhere. Meow, Meow, Meow and he was basically telling us that he was adopting us rather than us adopting him. Caramel being the Sheik of the Animal Kingdom of our house was a bit confused with the situation because normally animals sense Caramel's presence and go the other way. But, not this little cat. He stayed at the house & the next day he rubbed himself against Caramel, grabbed Caramel's neck, (Caramel still confused as to what was taking place), played with Caramel and even Caramel had no choice in the matter that this cat was here to stay.
Well, his name became Rusty, (so original) & he became part of the family. He loves Phil & even speaks to Phil when Phil is home. The interesting thing is that when I come home from work, Rusty is nowhere to be seen or heard of. As soon as Phil arrives & Rusty hears his voice, this cat comes running, meow, meow, meow. He loves Phil, and is just starting to take to me, (almost a year later). Phil & I always say that he must have been born around the time that our cat Clyde died. He has a very similar character as Clyde. Clyde was the only animal that Caramel would allow to be so close to him. Caramel lets Rusty do whatever he wants to do and they are very close. Caramel, I think, knows that Rusty will do whatever he wants so he's adjusted.
He's with us since 12th Sept. 07
The next little one that I didn't include in my Blog is Bobby Lee, AKA-(also known as): "Piglet". Why Piglet? She loves to eat and makes the sound of a pig. When she runs, she sounds like a pig. When she is dreaming, she sound slike a pig. It's true!
Bobby Lee was another abandoned dog that was left in Oyster Pond, where we live. I had seen her on and off, but thought that she belonged to somebody because she's a Britney Spaniel. After about 2 weeks, because she was surviving and seemed to be alright, I realized that she was abandoned. One night she came to the restaurant to eat. Well, she too imposed herself on us because she followed us home and never left. The next day, we took her to the vet, gave her shots, some medicine for the beginning stages of mainge, and an ear infection. 

We didn't plan on another animal, but, island life doesn't give you a choice if you love animals. She's been with us a year this Nov. 9th 07. She has this fascination for the sea and she loves to chase birds and crabs on the beach. In all of the years that we live here, (10 plus years), I will never get use to the neglect, mistreatment and abandonment of animals. It has gotten better, but, still exists. I can honestly say that I don't want to adopt anymore animals, but, if I need to intervene to help out for the short term, I will. But, in all honesty, I've done my part in my life in adopting animals. So, above you see recent pictures of the little ones. In order: Bobby Lee (name comes from the movie; "To Wong Fu, Thanks Julie Newmar"), Happy, Caramel & Piccola. The picture was taken on the beach in front of the house 2 weeks ago.

4 comments:
Oh yeah! Rusty is definitly "my boy" and my buddy ...LOL, that's weird, I don't know why he is so "in love" with me. Clyde was close too, in fact, and like you said there is something of Clyde in Rusty.
Clyde was a "special cat" and he was my buddy & my friend when I was alone & needed someone there so long ago. Clyde will always be in my heart & I miss him everyday.
I love reading about your "little" family..not so little though.
BTW, didn't you know the word is out? all over the island?
Need a home? go visit William and Phil.
I swear I saw a billboard the other day advertising that. LOL
Barbara
Post a Comment