We the People, has become a reality for me. Through the voting process, the open mindedness of Americans, the particpation of the election process, the determination for change and to be counted has been proven. Through the Incompetances of the Former Administration, has allowed for Americans to see the Realities of Failed Leadership. The economic hardships that American People have encountered and the new way of having to look at the Future of America.Maybe, and I hope, that the American People will wake up, change the way in which they live because of this horrendous episode in our history. I hope that Americans look at life more seriously, change the priorities and take more time for themselves and enjoy what life has to offer; then looking at the money as the key that rules their daily lives.
I've learned, since living outside of my country, to look at America from the outside rather than from the inside.
I saw & realize what I was. My life revolved around the material possessions which meant alot of hours away from home to earn the money that was required to pay for "those things".
If I think back to my NY days,
I must have been a Fucking Nut Case!!!!!!
The best part is, is that I was single during all of these financial obligations. I chose to have the "things" rather than a relationship because "the things" were the "REWARDS" for living the "AMERICAN DREAM" (get real!)
I had no time for myself or anybody else for that matter. I was rarely home, other than to sleep & time to do the yard work on weekends before going to the second job.
Times are far worse now for the American People and must be even harder for those with families.
How did priorities change in America? Why did we allow ourselves to WANT rather than be WANTED? Why is IMAGE so important now? Why is it necessary to "Keep up with the Jones or to get the things before the Jones' do?" Why did we or do we allow ourselves to "Live Beyond our Means?" Why do we move to another home, rather than to "Just Add On to our existing homes?" Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah The questions go on and on for me......Now, it's confusing as to why I allowed myself to go THAT FAR! Is EXCESS really necessary? What about, "just the basics to enjoy life?"
So now, living outside of the US for the last 10 plus years, I can see where I was, where America is and I don't want to ever change my ways of thinking again.
I've learned that you can be successful, live discreetly & simple, have time to party, spend Quality Time with The Love of Your Life, Travel, not live beyond your means, have friends who like & respect you truly for who you are, rather than what you have in the pocket, where or how you live, & most of all, Respect & Cherish the person you chose to be your life partner and, "HOPEFULLY, that person will do th esame for you.....!" and, have Dreams for Tomorrow.....
I hope that America changes back to a more simple life & not put the emphasis on "the things" anymore after this economic crisis. I hope that America looks at the "important" things in life; which is our precious time of life & our companion in life. (you can define what is important to you)
We the People have spoken. Let's think about how we will use this chance we have to live a better life in America & around the world. Change is not only with the Government's Administration. We the People have to define our Priorities for ourselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment