Monday, November 24, 2008

Trivial Pursuit

Last night the satellite was down for some reason, possibly a storm interfering with reception. Here it was another Sunday night, Phil is off and the satellite is down. ugh! So, we decided to play Trivial Pursuit 25th Year Aniversary Editionthat we ordered a few weeks ago from Hasbro Toy Company. Those of you who played the Old Version of Trivial Pursuit are in for a BIG surprise as to the rules of the new game. Questions are well thought out and a lot of research went into the making of this game, questions as well as the rules. We played for a few hours, laughing and joking about some of the questions & their answers. I'm not a Wings Band fan, so of course I answered those wrong. Phil, not knowing who Axel Rose is from Guns & Roses answered those questions wrong. on and on, laugh and laugh....Did you know the World's Top Ten Largest Mountain Ranges are ALL located in China? Questions range from 1-6; 1 being the easiest & 6 being the "more challenging" questions. Of course, after rolling the dice, most of mine landed on a 5 or a 6 giving me the more difficult questions. Overall, there are a few hundred cards and thousands of questions. The end result is that Phil won the game on a question from the 1 category. lol
Those of you who like games, challenges and a night of laughs, go out and get yourself the new edition of Trivial Pursuit 25th Aniversary Edition. It's a good night to share with your best buddy! lol

6 comments:

Philippe said...

It was a lot of fun, and we laught a lot... I also couldn't beleive how the chance is doing things, like my response about Dr Peper (or maybe I was born Texan in another life...LOL), the one about Robin William and Happy feet and all the others I didn't knew in real life but did get right because of chance LOL.... (Except the one with the litle dog who see the shadow in pensylvania, that you didn't accepted Damn!...LOL..)

William said...

The little dog like animal is called a Groundhog and the town he lives is called Pauxsutawney located in Pennsylvania. We Americans depend on this little creature to let us know how & when winter is leaving & spring is arriving. (can you imagine?) lol
I couldn't accept the "little dog that wants to see his shadow". lol lol lol lol lol lol he he he he he

Philippe said...

Hey ! I was close enought no?... LOL! we don't have those type of dogs in Europe, we have meteorologists instead! LOL... Watch out next time!... LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks for suggesting this game. I just ordered it to have around at holiday time. It sounds like lots of fun!

PS - Bill, I think you should have accepted "the little dog who sees his shadow in Pennsylvania" as an answer. I would have given you credit, Phil. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!William, I would buy a SXM trivial pursuit game. Hey! You never know what tourists crave. You write the questions and answers and I'll look to get it in a game distrib. form. Just an idea. Love, Wendy

William said...

Hi Wendy,SXM tourists,would probably buy the game just for fun. You never know. Hope you are both well. When are you coming to SXM again? If we don't see you before the holidays, Happy Holidays to you both.
Hugs, Bill