Saturday, November 8, 2008

Sherry & Jen; My Friends from so long ago....

I am very Happy Today.
I thought that our contact was lost forever! I managed to locate my friend Sherry through a school bulletin I found on line. I e-mailed & she e-mailed back. We worked together in the same school years after high school graduation. Sherry was my "party buddy" on weekends & I was hers.
Oh how I remember the Jagermeister Shots at the bars. The partying would go on into the night & the fun & laughs & secrets we had. We were each other's Confidant & always watched out for each other.
We haven't been in touch since I left New York over 10 years ago.
Today, I was reminising of those days so long ago of the "special friendship" we shared. We were always there for each other & we were only a phone call away or a 10 minute car drive to each other's homes. During the 10 plus years, I never forgot Sherry or her daughter Jen who is now 16 years old. I saw pictures of her today & the reality of time passed, has hit home.
We have so much to catch up on & I can't wait! I e-mailed Sherry back, but, 10 plus years of being absent in each other's life can't be sumized in one e-mail.
I'll update the progression of our rekindled friendship. Wow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome...when my niece wasin 1st grade she came home singing..."Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold" and that is so true! And nothing feels quite like catching up with someone that you have not been in touch with in awhile...Keep in touch with her and don't lose touch again....Maureen

William said...

Hi Maureen,
Sherry & Jen had a "special place" in my heart so long ago. I won't let it go again if I can help it!
Hugs, Bill

barcann said...

Isn't it wonderful when you re connect with old friends like that? the memories that come flooding back are amazing.
Those memories are so special.
and isn't it amazing how easily we can lose touch with people who mean so much to us.
Thank God for the internet and email.
No one can disappear any more.

William said...

Hi Barbara,
Sherry & I went to high school together, never knew where or what we were going to do as adults. We ended up teaching in the same school district by accident & became best friends as adults. I hope we can pick up where we left off so many years ago.
Hugs, Bill

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill,

Your blog is amazing and this post made me cry. I am incredibly happy that we found one another again! I have so much to tell you, so much to say. Do you ever travel back to Long Island? If so, we must meet for some dinner and a long overdue conversation. If not, I am still just a phone call away. :)

Love,
Sherry

William said...

Sherry,
I too am incredibly happy that we found each other again. I don't get to Long Island anymore, but, now I have a reason again. I will certainly plan a trip in the future when I go back to upstate NY in the spring to move the things from there to the house in Florida. You can't imagine how happy I am with finding you in my life again.
Hugs to you & Jen,
Love, Bill